Made By Me Sewing Studio is a unique sewing lounge and fabric store in North Vancouver. We teach sewing lessons to adults and children, host private parties and carry a curated selection of fabric and notions.
We are looking for qualified individuals to teach sewing classes and provide retail customer service on a part-time basis.
- Several years sewing experience, including sewing garments using commercial patterns.
- Extensive fabric knowledge
- Previous experience teaching and/or working with children.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be personable and patient and fun!
- Teaching a variety of sewing classes to groups of up to 8 adults or children of various skill levels at one time, including private parties
- Assisting with preparation of classes and tidying of studio after classes end
- Assisting customers with fabric and notion purchases and class registration in person or on telephone
- Assisting with sewing samples for studio
Please provide a cover letter containing work availability along with your resume. Cover letters and resumes may be dropped off in person to 108 – 949 West 3rd Street, North Vancouver or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that successful applicants may be required to submit to a criminal records check.