THIS WEBSITE IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED.
PLEASE VISIT MY NEW WEBSITE:
Learn to Sew this Summer!
Made By Me Sewing Camps are designed for sewers of all skill levels ages 8 and up. Your child will learn hand and machine sewing techniques while making a variety of fun projects. In accordance with our COVID-19 Safety Plan, camps are now limited to a maximum of 4 children per session. Please see below for complete details of our COVID-19 Safety Plan as it relates to summer camps at the studio. Each 4-day camp is $240 plus GST and includes the use of a sewing machine and all supplies needed for the camp projects. Please note that we have shortened our camps by 15 minutes day to ensure we have sufficient time to sanitize the studio between camps.
All Camps: $240 plus GST; Ages 8 and up; beginners welcome! Register by email at email@example.com
June 29, June 30, July 2, July 3; 9 am to 11:45 am – full
July 27 to 30; 1 pm to 3:45 pm; – full
NEW: July 20 to 23; 1 pm to 3:45 pm – full
Projects: bucket hat, zippered sunglass case, beach bag
June 29, June 30, July 2, July 3; 1 pm to 3:45 pm – full
July 13 to 16; 9 am to 11:45 am – full
Projects: Bunting (flags), hanging laundry bag, owl pillow with pockets
July 6 to 9; 1pm to 3:45 pm; – full
July 20 to 23; 9 am to 11:45 am; – full
NEW: July 6 to 9; 9 am to 11:45 am – full
Projects: sleep mask, pyjama shorts, pyjama top
July 13 to 16; 1pm to 3:45 pm – full
July 27 to 30; 9 am to 11:45 am – full
Projects: gathered skirt with pockets; belt bag
August Camps: Please note we will not be running summer camps in August. We look forward to welcoming you back to the studio in September.
Summer Camp Safety Measures: COVID-19
Parents of all camp participants will be required to read and sign a Release and Waiver of Liability. If your child or anyone in your household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, it is your responsibility not to attend camp.
1. Camps will be limited to 4 students and one instructor per camp. Two instructors may be present at times. Doors will be locked during camp hours to prevent unmonitored walk-in customers during this time. Customers may be admitted periodically on a controlled basis
2. All sewing machines, sewing tools, irons, tables, counters, chairs and high-touch surfaces such as door handles, bathrooms and sinks will be sanitized twice daily at a minimum. Time between morning and afternoon camps has been increased to allow for cleaning and sanitizing between camps.
3. Parents or guardians will be asked to drop off and pick up children at the door of the studio. No parents, guardians or siblings will be allowed in the studio.
4. Parents will be asked to take their children’s jackets with them. No backpacks or bags will be permitted in the studio.
5. Children may be dropped off for camp no earlier than 10 minutes before the start of camp and picked up no later than 10 minutes after the end of camp. This allows us sufficient time to ensure the studio has been sanitized and is ready for the start of the next camp.
6. Students will be asked to wash their hands upon entering and when leaving the studio. Hand sanitizer will be made available for students to use at other times during camp.
7. Each child will be assigned his or her own sewing table, sewing machine and a basket of sewing tools. Students will be expected to use their assigned machine and tools only. Sewing tables will be spaced so that students are sitting a minimum of 2 metres apart from each other. Each student will have a designated space at the cutting table, which will be marked with tape.
8. Instructors will remain 2 metres apart from students whenever possible. When this isn’t possible, instructors will wear a non-medical mask. Students will not be required to wear masks, but may do so at their option.
9. Students will be expected to maintain a minimum of 2 metres of distance from the instructor and other students during camp where possible.
10. Students may bring to camp a labelled water bottle and small snack if they wish. There will be a designated snack time during camps. Students will be asked to wash their hands before and after snacks. Snacks will be eaten at their sewing tables only.
11. Families will answer questions during sign in to ensure each student is fit to participate. Parents must confirm their child is not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 including: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or painful swallowing, runny nose, nasal congestion, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue, loss of appetite. If a child or any family member in the household is experiencing any symptoms or feeling ill, do not come to the studio. If an instructor observes symptoms or signs of illness in a child, parents will be contacted immediately to pick up the child and no credit or refund will be given. If an instructor is feeling ill we will cancel the camp with as much notice as possible and credit will be applied to a future class or camp.
REFUND POLICY: Please note we are unable to offer credits or refunds for camps any time. Transfers MAY be permitted prior to the start date of your camp if there are still spaces available in other camp weeks. No make up times for missed days or time. No credits or refunds for missed time.